Readers Suggestions

I'm enjoying visiting as many of the '1000 Places to See Before You Die' as I can, but I'm aware there must be loads of other fantastic places to visit, that aren't in the book. Please make comments at the end of each posting with your recommendations!

Monday 11 July 2011

199: Ipanema Beach, Rio de Janeiro


Ha- trick shot- this is Copacabana Beach...cant seem to find my shot of Ipanema Beach but it looked just the same with slightly less high rises.

the book, 1000 places to see before you die describes it as "the now famous Antonio Carlos Jobin and Vincius de Moraes wrote a song about a beautiful girl from Ipanema Beach and turned this sandy strip into a shrine".

Well to be fair- there were a few very elaborate sand castles and sand sculptures with some people standing behind them dedicated to whatever their cause was.

Other than that....no, I dont think it deserves an entry into the 1000 places to see before you die  book. I could name you off the back of my hand 10 beaches I have seen that are far more stunning than this odd yellow beach in the heart of a motorised zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment